I first started playing MITI on Monday of last week and I lost $200 on a squeeze the first time I played it (read HERE). NOTE: I cut my losses at 3% on this trade.
After losing $1,200, in two days, a couple weeks ago, and then losing again on the trade above... my confidence was a bit shot! However, I was bound and determined to redeem myself. So after doing my technical analysis on MITI and chatting with a couple of people in the GOTS chatroom who were also playing MITI, I came to the conclusion that if I was patient, I could make a couple pennies on this play...
One other thing I'd like to mention, other than QI, MITI is the only stock I played all week... and my patience paid off.
Fast forwarding through the week... I shorted MITI twice... and made money both times. What I learned from this experience was - as a daytrader, the objective is to make as much $$ in a single day as possible, jumping in and out of as many opportunities as you can... however playing only 1 or 2 plays at a time, can yield roughly the same outcome... solid profits! I know as I become a stronger trader, I will eventually be playing multiple stocks at the same time... however one must crawl before they can walk...
As it stands, I did leave a couple hundred dollars on the table, but as I've said before I don't do the woulda/coulda/shoulda thing...I recovered $1,000 of the $1,600 I lost over the past two weeks. More importantly, I regained my trading confidence, albeit a "wiser" trading confidence and of course I'm looking forward to a another educational week in the trenches.
My August stats are:
Total trades: 20 (long and short)
Starting account balance: $4,863.00 (Aug. 6th)
Gross Profit: 1,108.45
Commissions: 456.55
Current account balance: $5,525.65
Happy September trading...
2 comments:
Awesome job sticking with the game and making most of it back. Just a quick question for you. Are you a full time trader or do you have a full time job that allows you to follow the market? Just curious as I have been wanting to make the transition to trading full time and it would be nice to hear your thoughts. Thanks!!!
Thank you.
I do watch the market from open to close, but right now I wouldn`t call myself a full-time trader... I`m a partner in a small business, so I`ve got the opportunity to trade during market hours, as I wish...
IMHO, unless you`re a seasoned trader, I wouldn`t recommend trading full-time or quitting your job to trade full-time... easy come, easy go...
Down the road... I aspire to trade full-time... right now, I`m embracing this humbling, yet incredibly exciting journey and trying to absorb knowledge as much as I can...
Like I`ve said before... love what you do and the rest will follow.
Good luck to you.
Post a Comment