Well, more of a break, but they're two-in-the-same... anyhow, my recent schedule hasn't allowed me much free time to write. Being a father, running a small company, going to the gym, and of course doing my DD has taken up 95% of my day. The other 5% is, well... private. (=D
As I've posted before I love to write and find it very fulfilling that others enjoy what I write. My original intention was to document and track my own experiences so I could learn from my mistakes and hopefully help others treading the same (newbie) path.
After 4 months of dedication (time has gone fast... always does in "hind-sight"), I've made leaps and bounds as a trader... and more importantly as a person. I've learned quite a bit about myself going through the humbling process of learning... especially learning how to day-trade.
I was introduced to trading by Lorne Warren, a well known, very respected prospector. I was introduced to "short-selling" through a book my mother bought me last November called "An American Hedge Fund" aka Timothy Sykes. I've learned how to trade by a two people I've never met and yet they treat me, and many others, like a next door neighbor... Muddy and Laura.
I can't really say much about my recent success because I would be repeating the same thing that has been said over and over... do your DD, follow your rules, and hope for a little luck. However, I can say this, and I've said it before... trading itself isn't hard, competing against yourself is.
Once you've got the tools needed to trade, once you've established a list of rules that works for you, once you feel comfortable enough taking risk with money, the last obstacle that stands in your way to becoming a successful trader is... you! I'm speaking from very personal experience.
There are a few things I really love in life - my family, my health, good food, sports, music, (some other things I can't think of right now...) and of course my new love... trading. Never in my short lived life did I ever think about trading stocks and or did I think I would trade stocks and enjoy it. I've lost, I've won, but my passion for trading has remained consistent.
If you truly love what you do, no matter what is, let the process go through it's process and you will succeed. In fact the success is bonus, because you're already doing something you love, that is the gift.
That said, I'd like to contribute to my blog at least 3x per week. If this ends up being unrealistic, due to life, I'll write at least once per week, posting personal experiences or thoughts as they happen throughout the week. I'm always in the (new) chatroom (which is great btw) and will always reply to emails too.
Remember...
Trust yourself. If you can't do that, you've abandoned the one person in life who would never let you down intentionally.
See you in the trenches.
4 comments:
Nice post, noob!
Noob,
Great post as usual. I don't know if we should call you noob anymore! You are regularly making 1$/share trades! This month so far you are averaging 26% returns, that's awesome! Please make sure to not get carried away with winners and do your DD and trade well!
RJ
Noob, come back!
Noob, I saw you messaged me the other day on GOS...
Post a Comment