Sunday, August 3, 2008

How To Reserve Shares

This past Friday I signed up for TIMAlerts, a service that Timothy Sykes offers to his followers, for only a $1 per day. Basically he sends out an email with a list of potential "short" plays and potential "long" plays that you can jump in to (see HERE). Under most circumstances I wouldn't bite on someone claiming they could do this, but his track record speaks for itself (see HERE)... plus I believe and support his business model - brutal honesty.

Tomorrow I'll receive my first email for TIMAlerts (can't wait) and will most likely execute my first short sell too. Tim being a great writer, in addition to being a great short seller, has tons of posts on how he goes about his short selling practices. One that I found to be particularly interesting, which is what my post is supposed to be about was How To Reserve Shares Short On Hard To Borrow Stocks.

One of the main reasons I'm doing this blog is because there is so much valuable information out there on stocks, I figured rather than bookmark everything I could just have it tracked electronically on my very own blog, for easy access. (thanks Google!)

Since I'm not qualified to discuss how to do anything stock market related, enjoy Tim's article on reserving shares and I'll keep you posted with my progress throughout the week using the TIMAlerts service.

2 comments:

13th said...

Good luck on your journey.
Love what you do is right,to me there is nothing like this.
The fellow I learned from,Muddy,has been doing this for over 43 yrs and still has the fire,what's better than that?

Good luck to you!

Noobtrader.08 said...

Hey 13th,

Thanks for the kind words.

Not trying to blow smoke here, but to have you post here is an honor.

I have to admit that the psychology behind trading is a huge part of my fascination and of course the monetary gains are nice as well.

I look forward to learning a lot from you too, through your blog and your chat room. I`m still in the process of reading your blog and hope that you`ll answer a few questions for me when the time comes.

Keep kicking ass and taking tickers Mike!

Cheers!